Atlas Sleep Center has a full service Sleep Telemedicine Platform that is covered by most insurances.
We provide new patient consultations, and follow-up consultations to review test results and therapy outcomes through Sleep TM via a live video session with one of our sleep providers. Furthermore, home sleep testing and sleep apnea therapy can be delivered by mail to eliminate a patient's need to travel.
Sleep Telemedicine is a cost effective and time efficient method for providers and their patients and lends flexibility to people in rural areas without a lot of access to sleep medicine providers.
What to Expect
A telemedicine visit is very much like that of a face to face visit. Once we receive a referral from your provider you can expect the following to occur:
- Our referral coordinator will call to schedule an appointment time that is convenient for you
- New patient paperwork and login instructions will be sent via email
- Our billing coordinator will verify benefits and the need for authorizations, etc.
- The day of your appointment you will have a face to face video visit with one of our sleep medicine providers
- Your sleep and medical history will be reviewed with you
- Educational materials and handouts will be used during the visit
- A detailed plan and visit summary will be sent after you visit
- If a sleep study is needed, we will mail one to your home with pre-paid return label
- Follow-ups will be scheduled as needed and will follow the same structure as a new patient video consult